- Thanksgiving Break is coming! There will be no school November 19-November 23.
Monday, November 12th
- Veteran's Day Program with reception on Monday, November 12th at 8:15 in the gym.
- Quick Recall is cancelled for today. The team will meet again after Thanksgiving Break.
ONE CALL NOW
Hello my name is Lucas Wheatley. I am doing my service project for KYA. I chose to do my project for the Room in the Inn because St. James sponsors it every Wednesday during the winter months. Here is a list of the supplies we need.
- Twin Sheets (fitted and flat)
- Pillow cases
- Zippered pillow cases
- Gloves (Men and Women)
- Hats (Men and Women)
- Novels (gently used or new)
- Movies (gently used or new)
- Board Games (gently used or new)
Please place items in your classroom’s box.
BY: November 16
Notification from: St. James School
Dear Saint James Families:
Saint James Catholic School will be celebrating Veteran’s Day by honoring our family members who have served in the Armed Forces. Our celebration will begin at 8:15 a.m. Monday, November 12 with a program in the school gym. The program will consist of musical selections by our K-2 students, parent and student speakers, prayer and a slide show featuring veterans from our school families. Following the program, we will host a reception for all the veterans in attendance and their family members in the cafeteria.
We invite all of our families to be involved in our celebration by participating in one or more of the following ways:
- Submit a photo for our slide show by Tuesday, November 6 of you military member from your family. You may submit a hard copy photo in a Ziploc bag including the veteran’s name and the name of the person to whom the photo should be returned OR you may email a photo with the veteran’s name to 1st grade teacher, LeeAnn Galvin - email@example.com.
- Plan to attend the program with your veteran and join us for the reception following. If you do plan to attend, please click this link https://goo.gl/forms/z8JA
oHzhVq68wZTL2 to RSVP for the number of people we should expect from your family. Please also include your child’s homeroom teacher(s) when responding with your RSVP so we can be sure that your SJS student(s) will join you for the reception. It is important to RSVP so we can plan accordingly for the reception.
Thank you for your prompt response to this request. We look forward to having you celebrate with us on Veteran’s Day – Monday, November 12!
Attention, Attention...Fall Festival is 3 weeks away!
- Cash Raffle tickets went home with students yesterday. If you want more, come by the SJS office and you check more out. The top selling Middle School class gets a pizza party AND the top selling Elementary class gets a pizza party. PIZZA PARTY See attached form for more information.
- Auction flyers went out in a One Call earlier this week. A copy is attached, along with a SJS supporter letter to pass on to anyone who wants to donate. If you have any questions contact Brandi Lusk. Her info is on the flyer and on the St James FB Event Page.
- All silent and liveauction donationscan be delivered to the school office or contact PTO to arrange pickup. If you have a business, this is a great way to promote it and help the school!
- Each family is asked tovolunteerto work a time slot for EACH child's class. Sign ups will be on the signup page that we’ve used in the past. When it’s up, there will be a post of the SJS FB Fall Festival Event page and will go out in a One Call.
- Wristband orders!Attached is a copy of the pre-order form. This year, you can also beat the lines by pre-ordering extra game and meal tickets! Hard copies will be sent home with students after Fall Break. Wristband Pre-orders turned in by Thursday 10/18 will get a Jeans & Class Shirt Day on 10/26.
- Jars and Cakes! Please start sending your filled, PLASTIC jars to school with your students after Fall Break. Cakes for the Sweet Shoppe and the Cake Walk can be brought to school Friday, 10/19 or Saturday, 10/20.
- Make sure you LIKE and SHARE the St James PTO Fall Festival Event Page. This is the easiest and fastest way to keep you all up to date!
9/27/18 Fall Festival Cash Raffle tickets have been sent home with your oldest child (or will be coming home today).
Each St. James School Family is asked to sell a minimum of 10 tickets.
Please return ticket stubs and $5 for each ticket in your envelope before Wednesday, October 17th.
Charitable Gaming Laws require we keep track of every ticket, sold or unsold.
Additional tickets will be available in the school office starting Monday, October 8th.
A pizza party will be awarded to the class that sells the most tickets, so be sure to fill in the classroom(s) box on the envelope. More details to follow. Remind Grandparents and others to list your family name and classroom(s) when they buy tickets from the school office or at one of the Masses Oct. 6 & 7 and 13 & 14.
Thank you all for supporting your children with this easy fundraiser.Dear Parents,Just as a reminder if you are picking up K-8 at the blue entrance in the afternoon you will need to stop at the cone just before the side parking lot entrance until 2:40 (or until you are waved on by a preschool staff member). Understand that preschool parents may drive past you because preschool dismisses at an earlier time. Please share this information with anyone picking up your student.Thank you,Brandi Newman
All PE uniforms were sent home yesterday and I would like to thank you for your patience during the long delay to get all of those orders in. We will implement the new PE uniform policy starting the week after Fall break. This will hopefully give families the time to make exchanges if needed. Dukes Sporting Goods has informed us that they have printed extra items in case sizing was an issue and that they will gladly swap sizes. They have asked anyone needing an exchange to please contact them in person. If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me or the front office.
St. James Catholic School
Athletic Director / PE Teacher
Phone: (270) 765-7011